Note: This is not a powerbuilder related article
Many of you will remember the very useful “Show Desktop” icon when Windows 7 came out. I was always using that to minimize all my windows. Microsoft did continue the feature with the further versions of Windows, but however with Windows 10, we see that it has been moved to the extreme right end of the task bar. Have you wondered how to add a “show desktop” icon to the task-bar in windows 10? Read on to learn this neat trick.
See screenshot above, it is sometimes a pain to reach out to the exact location and click your mouse button. What is the alternative to this? How to add show desktop shortcut?
Tip: Windows also has a shortcut key to show desktop – Windows+D
However, for me, I would like the good old show desktop icon on my taskbar for convenience and easy use. So this is what we are trying to achieve, the icon marked in the red square below is my “Show Desktop” icon on my windows 10 taskbar.
How To Add A “Show Desktop” Icon to the task-bar in Windows 10
- Go to your desktop and right click to add a New Shortcut as show in the below screenshot:
2. In the resulting window, give the below path as the location of the item
3. Click Next and provide a name for your shortcut like ‘Desktop’ or ‘Show Desktop’.
4. Click on Finish.
5. I would recommend you change the “icon” of your shortcut for better aesthetics. For that, right click on your shortcut and open properties. Click on “Change Icon” button.
6. You can change the location to the imageres.dll to see more icons. My favorite is shown below
7. That’s it, you are all done. The shortcut is working now and all you have to do is right click on it and select ‘Pin to Task Bar’ to add to your taskbar as
we were hoping to achieve.
8. Test it out!!!!
Over To You:
So what do you think, will this neat little trick help to make your life a little easier when searching for files on your desktop? Leave a comment below.